The System & Teaching Methodology
- Pon Vidyashram has eliminated out-dated educational system and incorporated 21st century learning method for 21st century mind.
- We teach students to think empirically being a social responsibility.
- Our Miracle Curriculum promotes meta-cognitive skills that enable students to monitor our own learning.
- Our class rooms are well equipped with modern gadgets for Audio-visual teaching. Our professionally designed teaching-learning process is integrated with cutting edge technology adopting digital techniques clubbed with multimedia audio-visual content screened through projector for impeccable learning by students.
- Our teachers are specially trained for Audio-Visual Teaching.
Curriculum up to Std. X
- English (Communicative)
- Std. I to IV : Tamil is compulsory as II Language. Hindi(Basic) is compulsory.
- Std V : The II Language is one of the three : Hindi, Tamil or Sanskrit,
Hindi (Basic) compulsory if, Tamil or Sanskrit opted.
- Middle School (Std VI, VII and VIII) : II Language is Hindi / Tamil / Sanskrit III Language is Hindi / Tamil / Sanskrit
- Standard IX & X : II Language (one of three ) Hindi / Tamil / Sanskrit
- Mathematics (Std I - X)
- EVS (Std I to III)
- Science (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) (Std IV to Std X )
- Social Studies (History, Civics, Economics & Geography) & Disaster Management (Std IV – X)
- Health, Physical Education and Life Skills.
- Co-scholastics – Yoga, Vedic, Music, Art & Craft, Dance etc.
- Art Education
- Work experience.
Note: The medium of instruction is English. The students must study three Languages from Std. VI to VIII. No student will be eligible to appear for the All India Secondary School Examination of the Board at the end of Std. X unless he / she clear the third Language.
GROUPS – XI & XII
- Group I: (Science Stream) : English, Maths, Physics, Chemistry & Computer Science.
- Group II: (Science Stream) : English, Maths, Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
- Group III: (Commerce Stream) English, Maths, Economics, Business Studies & Accountancy
- Group IV: (Commerce Stream) English, Computer Science, Economics, Business Studies & Accountancy.
- Group V: (Science Stream) Physics, Chemistry, Biology & Computer Science,
Extra Curricular & Co-curricular Activities
Besides the Curriculum, our Schools offer Extra & Co-curricular activities like Cricket, Volley Ball, Badminton, Kho-Kho, Athletics, Chess, Fine Arts like Music, Dancing, Painting, Yoga etc. so that the children get opportunities to compete and win medals at different levels.
- Transport facility is available to places up to 20 km radius from school.
- A new project is under consideration to bring the Driver of each School Bus / Van under CCTV surveillance during the driving time. This will make the driver to drive more carefully and responsibly.
Summer Camps and programs are in place for Karate, Chess, Cricket, Shuttle, Kho-Kho, Western and Classical Dance, Music, Art & Craft, Skating and Athletics with special and crash courses.
Clubs like English Speech Club, RSP, Dance Club, First–Aid Club, Sports Club, Music Club, Karate Club, Karuna Club where your child gets the best opportunity to explore the hidden talents and skills.
- 'GEN-NEXT' Cricket Academy is engaged to provide World Class Cricket coaching.
- NASA Trip is organized every year which gives the opportunity to explore and experience the Space Technology at NASA Space Centre,USA.